Hard wired home watt meter

Hi I see some products like Kill A Watt that plug into the outlet to monitor device energy usage. I would like to be sure that the person does not take the device out when I am not around and plug in direct. Are there any hard wire devices that would make it more difficult for that? I guess I could open the kill a watt and solder the connections, but want to find one designed for that at around the same price. tia req

Reply to
reqluq

Do what the power companies do--use a seal. There is a tape seal available that cannot be removed without tearing.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Reply to
reqluq

What about an electricity meter? In UK, they're easy to obtain as reconditioned units.

If you're looking to resell electricity, note that there may be a maximum you're allowed to charge (in the UK, the maximum is currently set to the same as you pay for it - i.e. you're not permitted to make any money out of reselling electricity).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't want to resell, I have rooms I rent, they are on one meter. I would like to put a meter in each room and charge the tariff rate. I need cheap electrical meters for this. around the us$50 range and down. thanks req

Reply to
reqluq

like this kind of price. but more compact and digital if possible. If not, something like this is fine. req

Reply to
reqluq

A few years ago when many utility companies changed to modern meters, regular watt-hour meters were available for $5 each, I do not thing the oruces are much more than doubled by now--if you can find one.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

But one then has to purchase the meter box. then all the wiring. I want something that can plug right in to the socket . req

Reply to
reqluq

I remember a quotation: If wishes were horses, the beggars would ride.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

I remember a quotation also: If it is in the shop, and you need it, buy it! req

Reply to
reqluq