Drilling holes;

I had a bunch of holes to drill. 3/4 inch - .001 over - with location
within a few thousands in 1/8 thick cold rolled steel. To my surprise I
found a 3/4 center drill [ unaltered ] could be ran all the way through
the stock , getting just what I wanted. doing it in my vertical mill it
was much faster then I thought possible. It took awhile to get the knack
of slowing down the spindle as the hole got bigger. Richard
Reply to
Richard Hanley
If you are trying to hold +/- 0.001 tolerance on the diameter you might want to drill ten thou undersized and then ream to final size with a one over 3/4 inch reamer.
Jim
Reply to
jim rozen