Easy ways to make money with an "automatic surface grinder"

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I don't know... I had a boss in the plastics injection-moulding business who, every time he stood at a surface grinder working on a new mold, "Easy Money!". No work, get paid, just watch the machine run.

That seems like easy money to me!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I am no longer seeing messages posted by F. George McDuffee. I have not plonked him, but I'm only seeing replies to his messages. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird 24.6 for email.

How do I unplonk someone not plonked?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

It was an old post, check the date:

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Do you sometimes plonk based on "Subject: " ?

The current subject sounds like a likely one for that -- at least the "Easy ways to make money" part. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Then everyone must be replying to George's old posts, because all I see are replies to him, but not the original message.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I just had a problem with that version and found that the newest version was 32! Time to update. I never received a reply on why my copy had malfunctioned nor why, even with Auto-Update on, it didn't.

Delete the filter which appears to be acting on them. Do a filter search for George and his server, etc., any related word. Also check subject, as Don suggested.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't think so, because I see reply messages in the same thread. I don't see the message being replied to.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" on Sat, 29 Nov

2014 12:41:04 -0600 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Indoors, no heavy lifting, I get to sit down some, and listen to my ipod. And I get paid. "Beats working".

pyotr filipivich

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 29 Nov 2014

13:27:10 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Quark - the Hollywood libs idea of a "neo-con". THe reality is, the Ferengi have no business sense, and couldn't make it in a real world situation. Sort of like the "green" businesses so beloved of liberals.

pyotr filipivich

The constant smell of burnt/molten plastic in my nose/lungs would prevent me from enjoying a job like that.

Besides, the heavy lifting keeps our bodies in shape without having to resort to a sweaty, super-competitive gym.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Right, like those who say "Oh, my employees should make $15USD per hour, so my blurfls will be priced at $92. BUT, since that prices them at 4x the world market rate, none sell, except to a handful of like-minded libs, so the business fails. It's likely the work of those mean capitalists, all of whom are scheming to "get them", right?

I'm all for $15/hr minimum wage for fast food restaurants, though. It would be good for people (especially fat people) NOT to have them around any more. Just don't take the min wage seriously and rape the good businesses which make up the bulk of American society, please.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Sun, 30 Nov 2014

05:42:50 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

It isn't a job I would do for free, no. But it is a better job than the one I didn't have.

I'm inclined towards a lot of repetition with lighter loads, rather than have to hump heavy stuff a lot.

pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Sun, 30 Nov 2014

05:48:45 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I just add a 50% mark up for my "liberal" friends. After all, they know that I have to make a living wage, nicht wahr?

pyotr filipivich

If you don't keep up with the trade manuals, then you could probably think that.

Reply to
mogulah

They operate only on greed.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Building Telemetry equipment was mostly sitting, and the heaviest item we built was 72 pounds. They were clamped in a custom made cart for rack mount chassis that let you roll the chassis, so you could work on any area.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I did that for a summer many years ago. Sucked.

In shape if you mean damage to my back from having to do the occasional bad lift. My chiropractor worked on a lot of machinists and she recognized that no matter how careful you are, you still end up doing too many bad lifts.

Most gyms are set up to exercise you without damage to your body.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Yeah, easy choice.

I believe most of us lean heavily in that direction, Pete. The problem with not working is that it's so damned boring. One gets tired doing nothing all day, knowwhatImean,Vern?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Sun, 30 Nov 2014

15:19:09 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

You wake up in the morning, and blam - you're not on the job. And how do you know if you are on your break, or just goofing off? And how does one know when you're done for the day?

Ah, but then there comes that wonderful moment, when you realize that after a long day of doing nothing, you are done for the day, it is now time to relax and rest. At least we have time to do things - if they don't require money. "We've gotten nothing done today." "JW, we're unemployed. Getting Nothing Done, is our job." Jan 10,2002

tschus pyotr

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich