ebay question

Is there any way to entirely suppress store sellers auctions' from showing up in my search results?
GWE

Why? I've had some of my best deals from Ebay Stores. JR Dweller in the cellar
Grant Erwin wrote:

JR North wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see the continuously relisting the same stuff retailers in a separate category from the non retailing sellers. It's a minor PITA to wade through a pile of barely relevant listings of the same old chiawnese tools for every brand name that is searched (try a search for Myford or South Bend and see how few actual relevant listings there are) When I want to look in the stores, I can, but I mostly don't want to.
Cheers Trevor Jones

First of all, you can exclude certain sellers (up to 10) from your searches. Second, you can exclude crap words that these sellers use. Third, you can search USA only. That usually helps to take care of 90% of crap.
To exclude sellers, click on advanced search, and enter sellers you want to exclude.
To exclude keywords, enter -(keyword1, keyword2) in your search.
E.g search Metalworking for
south bend -(for)
I experimented a little. Just searching for south bend got me 204 results (in metalworking). Excluding seller tools4cheap gave me 258 results. Excluding keyword "manual,manuals" gave me 237 results.
They seem to be relevant, do not know if they are overpriced or not.

eBay has done a good job at encoding those complicated searches in the URL.
The search parameters are all in the URL. So you can just save the URL of the search you like, to bookmarks or wherever. I save them in del.icio.us, so that I can access those searches from all my computers the same way. I have quite a few ebay searches like this, saved.
For example, I regularly search local ebay business and industrial auctions within 10 miles from me, just to see if there are any good deals, misdescribed items, local pickup only items etc. I exclude about 8 "dealers" who never offer any such deals, sell crap etc. All that is saved in search URL. I bid on items where sellers let me pick up. I bid low and usually lose most auctions. When I occasionally win, I stop by and pick up locally, so there are no surprises or shipping costs (people usually like local pickup, it means no shipping hassles, and I always show up on time).
Those 1000+ lbs of metalworking items for $100 was one such auction, another was a super nice transit for $100, also $3.75 automatic etching machine Lectroetch AM-15C, etc. All thanks to eBay's searches encoded in URLs.
I also have a website misdescribed.com that lets search for misspellings of ebay items, and it is smart enough to exclude misspellings that are words in their own right. For example, people often misspell word "module", but we do not want to find anything about "nodule". It is not an ebay affiliate site.
eBay is very good at actually solving complicated computer problems in real life and on large scale.

They _do_ show up after all the auctions in the search results. Maybe you could, you know, just stop looking there?

Yes! http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html
N.
snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Mller) wrote:

Gee, hijacking a thread, sounds like bad net behaviour. The OP was asking for help to search for METALWORKING stuff.
Wes S
Wes, That was first class irony. Clark
--
For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors or war, stress, and possibly
death.
Grant Erwin wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

Good. That's what I thought you were looking for, but I didn't get chance to reply earlier.
I really sympathise here. Last week I was looking for some good quality analogue panel voltmeters. Some guy has listed hundreds of cheap and ugly meters from the far east. He doesn't seem to realise that listing 200 times doesn't make me want them any more!
Chris

go over to the linked in ebay professional group. they have never before seen knowledge and tips that will never be on usenet.
There's lots of heavy hitters over there.

File a non-paying bidder report otherwise you will still end up owing Ebay the final seller fee.
On 11/02/2013 23:19, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Agreed, not worth making a meal of it. File, and ban the buyer from buying from you again.
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 23:32:15 +0000, Wayne Weedon

3 weeks ago I bid on an (India built) Royal Enfield motorcycle gas tank. I think I put up a $60 max bid...but the seller had set no reserve and ultimately I won the thing for $1.00 No other bidders
When I dropped the guy a message about the shipping...I got a short response:
" I aint selling it for that price"
And that was the last I heard from him. I emailed him back and offered him my original bid of $60 plus shipping...and no answer. Never did get one.
So I gave him total negative feedback and a short explaination of his actions in the feedback response box. Dropped a complaint to Ebay and then got on with my life. Ive not seen that tank back up for sale yet...but when I do, Ill bid on it again..but no more than $40 and Ill mention the auction to Ebay again. Guys first auction and I gave him every chance and a better sale price. It was hardly mint...dinged and whatnot. Shrug
Gunner
On 02/11/2013 07:30 PM, Gunner wrote:

"Guy's first auction" sounds like the culprit; I'm guessing he didn't stop to consider the "what if" involved should there be no other bidders.
You'd think he would at least be good for an apology, though.
Jon
On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:10:27 -0800, Jon Danniken

Indeed. Id have bought the damned thing for a reasonable price, but it was an India made RE tank and not in great shape. Shrug. Ive not looked for it to reappear as of yet.
Gunner
com...

option.

what

Ebay the final seller fee.
How long do I have to wait to do this?
--

Pretty sure you need to file an initial dispute fairly quickly--and then
you need to both agree to cancel the sale.

Looks to me like a deadbeat buyer can hold up re-listing the item for weeks:
http://reviews.ebay.com/WHAT-TO-DO-WITH-A-NON-PAYING-BIDDER-AN-NPB-FOR-SHORT?ugid 000000002179717
===Fuckem, relist in three days if you so desire.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSUDAKOMA-12-5-CNC-4TH-AXIS-ROTARY-TABLE-RNCM-301R-/360581365022
VS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSUDAKOMA-12-5-CNC-4TH-AXIS-ROTARY-TABLE-RNCM-301R-/380557393576