Emergency O ring adhesive

It should! Ordinary "O" rings are Neoprene.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

No such thing as "ordinary" O-rings. But I would say that Buna-N (nitrile) is most common, not Neoprene.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

It depends upon where you are I guess. I have an assortment of "O" rings, and they were advertised as Neoprene.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

On Mon, 14 May 2007 19:31:17 +0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Bruce quickly quoth:

Dare we ask?

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I trust that that is the sort of pig that is sent through pipelines, rather than the source of my bacon?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Oh, hell yes. Bruce, what's a pig launcher door, please?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Spoilsport.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I can tell you that, Dave. It's the door on a pipe line through which they insert the "pig" that cleans the line as it passes through it. You could probably find more information by searching it in conjunction with oil or gasoline delivery lines.

Jim Chandler Apple Valley, CA

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Ask away. But first Google on pig launcher.....Amazing what you can learn. Bruce in Bangkok (brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce

Think "punkin' chunkin'" ........

just kidding.

Bruce wrote:

Reply to
JohnB

Google on "pig launcher" for details but a pipeline pig is a sort of plug that you pump through the pipeline to clean it, gage it, separate product flows, etc. the launcher (and receiver) are a section of pipe that is a bit larger then the normal pipe, equipped with a cap or door. Open the door and stick the pig in and pump it down the line.

X = valve. X1 = normally open X2,X3 = normally closed

Open launcher door and insert pig. Close door and open valves X2,X3 and close X1 As soon as pig is launched open X1 and close X2,X3.