Enco bore gauges part duex

There was a post a couple days ago about super cheap $32 dial bore gauges from Enco. I have a set of Fowler and Sunnen bore gauges from .5" to 4.0" but nothing small. So I ordered a .24 to .4 and a .4 to .7 unit.

They came today - quick service. The units are made in China. First I noticed the directions are for a different but similar gauge. The chinglish wasn't too bad.

The change parts are small and easy to drop. I'm glad I bought an extra set of anvils for each gauge. I WILL lose some. The general construction is no where near Sunnen and Fowler quality but the price is about 10% of these.

All in all, a good purchase. They will be far better than telescoping gauges and quicker to use than pin gauges.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Thanks, Karl.

So far this week I've struck out on purchases. HF no longer carries

67724/5 current meters that plug into car fuse holders, Law's gear book is on extended backorder at Blue Ridge, and Surplus Center doesn't list any couplers or pulleys to fit the 8T 9/16" involute splined shaft on my tractor's hydraulic pump.

The pulley I broached to fit it several years ago has stretched loose. Looks like I buy another pump ($$) or make another broach, and harden this one so it doesn't bend.

The one remaining industrial supplier here could not sell me 0.250 steel balls or a simple 5" vee belt pulley. The best he could do was a tapered hub one for $42, but he didn't have a 1/2" hub for it. However the local True Value store had both.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins