ER 16 Collets **INCH** sizes

Does anyone know of a source for ER16 collets ground to INCH fractional sizes? I'm not interested in the dual metric/inch type or high dollar high precision types. These used to be availble from Enco, etc. What I mean is, for instance, a loose 1/4" collet will accept a .250 tool shank and hold it lightly or nearly so. The 6-7 mm (.275" bore) 1/4" equivalent has the be closed most of the way to grip. These are just a pain to use with fractional inch shanks with all the extra screwing and unscrewing and when the collet pops loose suddenly the tool drops out if you don't have a finger ready to hold it. I'm sure the runout accuracy suffers, but the self holding feature is what I miss. Thanks for any help, RichD, Atlanta

Reply to
RichD

-------------- see

?ProductID=3900-5165&p=2and possibly other pages

FWIW -- I have ordered items from HHIP and been pleased with their quality and service. Note that they are the "commercial" side of "The Little Machine Shop"

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Thanks George, but as shown in the specs chart those are actually metric collets. The 1/4" collet max dia (the loose dia) is .275" (7mm). It seems no one is making these in fractional inch sizes anymore. RichD

see

?ProductID=3900-5165&p=2> and possibly other pages

Reply to
RichD

Sure they do Rich. I buy them all the time but I can't recall the manufacturer off hand. I order from a local tool supplier that knows I'll send back a metric collet if I've ordered an inch size. They take care of it. I know Regofix makes them but that isn't what I'm getting.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Taig sells inch size ER16 collets.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

How about these - J&L industrial on amazon - USA. J&L u.k. has them there.

Mart>>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Shars.com has ER collets, listed as American sizes. $10.50 each. Note: If you need them NOW, call to make sure they are in stock.

DJ

Reply to
Mechanical Magic