ER 16 Collets **INCH** sizes

Does anyone know of a source for ER16 collets ground to INCH
fractional sizes?
I'm not interested in the dual metric/inch type or high dollar high
precision types.
These used to be availble from Enco, etc.
What I mean is, for instance, a loose 1/4" collet will accept a .250
tool shank
and hold it lightly or nearly so.
The 6-7 mm (.275" bore) 1/4" equivalent has the be closed most of the
way to grip.
These are just a pain to use with fractional inch shanks with all the
extra screwing
and unscrewing and when the collet pops loose suddenly the tool drops
out if you don't
have a finger ready to hold it.
I'm sure the runout accuracy suffers, but the self holding feature is
what I miss.
Thanks for any help,
RichD, Atlanta
Reply to
RichD
-------------- see
?ProductID=3900-5165&p=2and possibly other pages
FWIW -- I have ordered items from HHIP and been pleased with their quality and service. Note that they are the "commercial" side of "The Little Machine Shop"

F. George McDuffee
Thanks George, but as shown in the specs chart those are actually metric collets. The 1/4" collet max dia (the loose dia) is .275" (7mm). It seems no one is making these in fractional inch sizes anymore. RichD
see
?ProductID=3900-5165&p=2> and possibly other pages
Reply to
RichD
Sure they do Rich. I buy them all the time but I can't recall the manufacturer off hand. I order from a local tool supplier that knows I'll send back a metric collet if I've ordered an inch size. They take care of it. I know Regofix makes them but that isn't what I'm getting.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
Taig sells inch size ER16 collets.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
How about these - J&L industrial on amazon - USA. J&L u.k. has them there.
Martin
John R. Carroll wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Shars.com has ER collets, listed as American sizes. $10.50 each. Note: If you need them NOW, call to make sure they are in stock.
DJ
Reply to
Mechanical Magic