ER 16 Collets **INCH** sizes

Does anyone know of a source for ER16 collets ground to INCH
fractional sizes?
I'm not interested in the dual metric/inch type or high dollar high
precision types.
These used to be availble from Enco, etc.
What I mean is, for instance, a loose 1/4" collet will accept a .250
tool shank
and hold it lightly or nearly so.
The 6-7 mm (.275" bore) 1/4" equivalent has the be closed most of the
way to grip.
These are just a pain to use with fractional inch shanks with all the
extra screwing
and unscrewing and when the collet pops loose suddenly the tool drops
out if you don't
have a finger ready to hold it.
I'm sure the runout accuracy suffers, but the self holding feature is
what I miss.
Thanks for any help,
RichD, Atlanta
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
-------------- see
formatting link
?ProductID=3900-5165&p=2and possibly other pages
FWIW -- I have ordered items from HHIP and been pleased with their quality and service. Note that they are the "commercial" side of "The Little Machine Shop"
formatting link

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ------------------------------------------- He that will not apply new remedies, must expect new evils: for Time is the greatest innovator: and if Time, of course, alter things to the worse, and wisdom and counsel shall not alter them to the better, what shall be the end?
Francis Bacon (1561-1626), English philosopher, essayist, statesman. Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Reply to
F. George McDuffee
Thanks George, but as shown in the specs chart those are actually metric collets. The 1/4" collet max dia (the loose dia) is .275" (7mm). It seems no one is making these in fractional inch sizes anymore. RichD
formatting link
?ProductID=3900-5165&p=2> and possibly other pages
Reply to
Sure they do Rich. I buy them all the time but I can't recall the manufacturer off hand. I order from a local tool supplier that knows I'll send back a metric collet if I've ordered an inch size. They take care of it. I know Regofix makes them but that isn't what I'm getting.
Reply to
John R. Carroll
Taig sells inch size ER16 collets.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
formatting link
How about these - J&L industrial on amazon - USA. J&L u.k. has them there.
John R. Carroll wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn has ER collets, listed as American sizes. $10.50 each. Note: If you need them NOW, call to make sure they are in stock.
Reply to
Mechanical Magic

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.