PING - Gunner

I went to the auction today and the lathe was a South Bend Model "A" in excellent condition. It came with the cabinet it was mounted on, a rotary table, loads of chucks and tool holders and god knows what-all in the drawers. It went for, are you ready for this? $350. If I thought it was going to be that low I'd have gone for it. Oh well.

I DID manage to get eight one-pound rolls of Alpha 60/40, .062 solder and it's available for $2.00 a roll.

I also bought 30 pounds of lead ingots if you know anyone who might be interested. I'm not sure of the price yet. I'll have to see what the market price is and work from there.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

A few months ago you would have had a fortune:

Richard J Kinch

A few years ago, I bought a plastic bucket of lead swipings from a gun range. Melted off about 50 lbs of lead ingots at the cost of $3 plus a lot of hassle.

Reply to
Ignoramus6679

That's me, a day late and a dollar short, most of the time. I figure that there are some shooters / reloaders around here that will want it. There's also a couple of boxes of empty 12 ga. shells.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Ill take 3 rolls.

There isnt enough lead to make it worth my while. I need a couple hundred pounds at minimum. Wheel weights would be good.

Bullet casting season is here.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'll set the rolls of solder aside for you. Let me know when you're going to be in this area or where you want me to send it. I don't know what the postage would be. I figured that some reloader around here might want it so i got it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler