Looking for lathe / grinder service

I have need to turn the shanks down on some J33 arbors from 1/2" to

3/8" diameter.

I suppose a high quality lathe might do it, but the final run out of the J33 is incredibly critical... Thus the request for a grinding service.

We will hold the 3/8" diameter shank in an ER16 collet eventually so you can imagine the customer will notice run out.

If you can offer such a service and have time to run a few (4 or more) through your shop relatively quickly, then please e-mail my office manager at snipped-for-privacy@autodrill.com.

A location close to MO, USA would be best.

Just mention that you saw this request on the newsgroup.

Thanks and much success to all!

Reply to
Joe "Dufu"

Just turn between centers, grinding will only affect finish diameter accuracy, other factors being equal.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

forget grinding or high quality equipment, all you need is someone who does good work.

good luck. lol

Reply to
vinny