ER Collets

Is there any particular advantage to the different size ER collets other than the available size range?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

They're very compact compared to the lengths of long taper collets and the grip contact area is generally significant.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Thanks guys. I am planning on picking up a collet chuck for the RF30. I doubt I'll be using many of the tiny cutters I use on the Taig or the MaxNC so I was thinking one of the larger collet sizes might give me more contact (gripping surface). I have an E R25 collet chuck on the noname mill/drill and the ER 25s work ok. I really haven't had any issues with them. I was debating getting and ER 25 chuck for the RF30 so I could just carry them back and forth as needed, but I also debated getting a totally different (larger) size for it so I wouldn't have to constantly be looking for the collet I needed because it was last used on the other machine. LOL.

Bob

Reply to
Bob La Londe