Ever get tired of being called a McGyver?

And I can fix machines, even ones with faulty logic. Can't say that for people.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

A good laugh for technically-minded people:

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

Yes, but the key question - was the time billable?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Well, the knack does pay well, I have to say...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Actually..it was Oh GodohGod..etc...

Some wierd chemistry thingy...and I pushed all of her hot buttons in the proper order. Shrug...dont think I could do another one that way..least not now that Im old...

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Didn't use any... I was patching a wire back onto a contact, there was pre-existing solder enough that the surfaces were already solder-wetted.

miker

Reply to
miker

A friend of mine once noted that when he was moving his machine/welding shop about 5 doors down he called every one that he figured owed him favors. Several years later when I dropped in on him to see if he could weld something for me, he stopped working on his current project and helped me straight away. Later while we were having a beer, he noted that since I was the only one to show up for his moving project, he really didn't mind dropping the paying job to help me. I was feeling a little guilty as he mentioned that it was a rush job, but their jobs were always a rush until the invoice came due and then there seemed to be no rush at all.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf