Explosive forming

Believe me I have tried, but, the one local company that I know of, will not even hire a 'Helper' unless he has had a course ( due to insurance issues ), and then they won't even tell me were I can take the course ( due to liability issues ). Talk about a "Catch 22"

Greg H.

Reply to
Greg and April

I'd start there. That's Mine Safety and Health Administration, the folks that certified my instructor.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Thanks.

Greg H.

Reply to
Greg and April

I'm surprised a plaster form worked. I would have thought the plaster mold wouldn't hold up to the explosive force. Was is very thick? What kind of metal was he forming, and what was he using for the explosive?

Lane

Reply to
lane

That's a cute idea. What I would like to know is if the water moved it out of the way , all the gravel and rocks would be different. If what their after doesn't move then it must be drilled and blasted out anyhow. Or maybe they just wanted to get equipment past...

Reply to
Sunworshiper

We were dredging for gold, which has an amazing afinity for burrowing into any sort of crack, hole, or banking up against any abrupt ledge. In addition, gold settles out where water speed drops. The pool in question was just below a fairly narrow solid rock 'valley' (for lack of better description). Bedrock here was composed of rock similar to slate, with vertical cracks perpendicular to the flow of the stream, great riffles for fine gold. It was just below a depression era mining camp, and was probably the best spot for hundreds of yards for dredging.

I only went back one more time after that boulder disappeared, and I don't know if the owner of the claim ever (literally) struck gold in that pool.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Sorry, I just knew I should have read your post again. I just recalled the word placer and thought that meant hard rock mining and crushing like with the steel balls that I have from old mines.

I've always wanted to find some gold , any at all. It sure must be really rare cause I've searched in a lot of prime locations. Kinda like my unsuccessful hunt for a meteorite.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Since my early teens, I'd wanted to find enough gold to make my wedding rings, come the day. Can't count the hours I spent digging, panning, crevicing. Came the day, and I had but one tiny nugget to contribute. Our rings prominently feature small nuggets, and the one I found graces my wife's ring.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson