Fine copper "bullion" (read "bulls&^%") bars?

I just took apart a big electrical panel, extracting 194 lbs of copper buss bars. I also have a modest quantity of solid copper spot welder
parts.
Vaguely recalling something, I performed an ebay search for "copper bullion bar".
To my astonishment, I noticed that "copper bullion bars" are selling very briskly on ebay for about $7.50 per lb, including in large quantities.
Example http://ef.algebra.com/e/261007255220
There is no way I can get that much from a scrap yard, the best I found for #1 copper is something like $2.79 per lb.
So, my thinking went into overdrive. Can I melt these bus bars into custom made molds, saying something like
SUPERFINE 99% COPPER BULLION ALGEBRA INC. MINING DIVISION
If so,
1) What material should I use for molds, I have a CNC milling machine to create a shape, and
2) Will I be subject to a lot of EPA regulations if I have a small metal casting operation
Thanks

False advertising can land you in jail, you better have a copper mine. Be prepaired to prove all your ingots are 99% copper.

All corporations are subject to EPA regulations. A surprise inspection can happen anytime. Likewise with OSHA.
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Electrical copper is always better than 99% copper.

Ignoramus25088 wrote:

You may want to be careful with that assumption in the case of the spot welder parts as some items such as tips may be alloyed to make them harder and less likely to spread in use. Depends which spot welder parts you have.

On 6/26/2012 7:50 PM, Ignoramus25088 wrote:

The trick is to use bullion cubes rather than bullion bars.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
On 6/26/2012 7:50 PM, Ignoramus25088 wrote:

The trick is to use bullion cubes rather than bullion bars.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
On 6/26/2012 7:50 PM, Ignoramus25088 wrote:

The trick is to use bullion cubes rather than bullion bars.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Don Lancaster wrote:

You can say that again.
Lumpy
You played on "The Love Boat"? Yes. White tux, huge sideburns.
www.LumpyMusic.com
On 6/26/2012 9:33 PM, Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke wrote:

That again.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Don Lancaster wrote:

Lump:

DonDon:
I think I'll shampoo my carpet.
Lumpy
You played on "The Love Boat"? Yes. White tux, huge sideburns.
www.LumpyMusic.com

Don, could you repeat that please?
On 6/27/2012 12:12 AM, Ignoramus25088 wrote:

It was a play on/off of...
<en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouillon_cube>, iggy

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:50:58 -0500, Ignoramus25088

The bars on ebay do not look cast. Maybe extruded and polished. Plus some fancy engraving work. Maybe a SS mold? Most EPA rules do not kick in until you're casting in the tons of material.
Most copper bullion on ebay I see as going with no bids. only a few fools out there.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Yes, #1, #2 etc.

Right, this is exactly what it is. I am looking to get a cable stripper to get clean copper out of insulation..
On 6/27/2012 10:12 AM, Ignoramus28574 wrote:

Easy to make. Two opposing wire wheels. We sell thousands of wire stripping brushes that fit machines. Mostly used by cable bundle assemblers.

No matter what the problem, Tom has a brush to fix it.
Karl

What I need is a stripper with sharp "knife" wheels. They pull the cable and cut the insulation.
On 6/27/2012 3:33 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Wait until you see my "Strawberry Brush"! I do have two patents in the works for restaurant grill/broiler brushes. One made specifically for "Outback Steak House" to clean their new wood-fired grills. The other replaces a current widely used product with "AH-HAA" improvements.
Karl Townsend wrote:

He still hasn't perfected his 'Anti Liberal' brush. :(
21:10:34 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    "Time to pull back the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wire brush of enlightenment."
    You may want to don your hearing protection, now.
    DNA,WNT.
tschus pyotr
-- pyotr filipivich Rock is Dead! --- Long live Paper & Scissors!