fire proofing shop

Thanks for the link, I will see if this is available in Canada.

stan

Reply to
sbaer

Hi

Any information related to the topic is useful as far as I am concerned.

stan

Reply to
sbaer

Dust from cutting cement (wonderboard) type panels would be even worse.

Reply to
ATP*

We had to coat some columns with a fire retardant paint about four years ago. Got the stuff from Sherwin-Williams, it was a special order and not cheap. Very heavy bodied paint, rather difficult to work with even for an experienced painter.

Reply to
ATP*

Had a guy help me hang, tape and finish th' sheetrock in th' kids room last summer. He never sanded th' mud, instead he used a damp sponge to smooth it prior to paint. He said it doesn't matter how long it's been dried, years even, and it still works. Clean up was a breeze.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

I've heard that trick. I tried it and didn't like it. The sponge is not a clean straight edge. It left a lot of marks, but probably OK for a shop wall. A good (pro) taper/finisher does very little sanding. A smooth finish is accomplished with the knife. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

This guy's done it for a long time and it shows in th' quality of his work. I wanted a smooth finish and that's what I got... sans sheetrock dust.

You're right, but weren't any of those kinda guys handy at th' time. Seems to happen that way consistently when I'm looking for sheetrock help. Like right now actually.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

Yup, just holler 'HELP' while standing next to a pile of rock and all your pals make like cockroaches when the light goes on. BTDT Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait