What size Shop A/C Unit . . . .

I am in the process of building a general purpose / woodworking shop.

Location - Baton Rouge, LA - high humidity area

Two small 3' wide X 2' high insulated windows facing south very near the top of the walls.

Size will be 20' X 22' (440 sq. ft.) with 10' ceilings.

Walls will be 4" - drywall / R-15 batt / 7/16" OSB / Hardie Plank.

Ceiling will be - drywall / R-49 batt / to open attic.

Attic will be well ventilated with (2) 14" turbines.

Roof will be shingled with Solar Board for roof decking.

Any suggestions appreciated . . . . . would really like to hear from someone living in this climate with a simular sized insulated shop . . . . Steve

Reply to
Steve DeMars

I'm in the DFW area, no high humidity but plenty of heat. 103 today at 4pm. My shop is 20x30. 4" in the walls and 6" between the rafters. No ceiling. Plain old white shingle roof. I have a 12,000 BTU that will get it down to

Reply to
Clif Holland

I'd sure want more windows.

Steve