flame sprayer?

I've done 500 feet of 4" duct quite often with poly twine tied to a shaped sponge between disks (5" sponge, 3 1/2" plastic disks) held together by a wire looped outside the disks. Use a shop vac to pull it through along with all the field mice that took refuge in the duct sections while they were laying in the field before being assembled and buried in the trench. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Cool! 3/4" and up I assume? So you just hold the muzzle inside the conduit and squeeze her off?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

I can see it working on long runs - but not on 90 degree conduits...

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Glenn

Basically correct. Prep the far end to receive the _missile_, Arrange the line pack (bobbin and string) so it can pay out the string REAL fast, make sure the line is attached to the cartridge properly, aim and shoot . Jet Line made a line of these about 25 years ago. In recent years the safety issue of this method has caused a change in the way the pull string is introduced into the conduit. Now days a vacuum is placed on one end of the conduit and a line pack, similar to the bobbin, with a properly sized conduit seal is pulled thru the pipe laying the string behind it. A whole lot safer, and a side benefit of cleaning the conduit in the process. Bob rgentry_at_oz_dot_net _AT_ = @, _dot_ = . to eMail

Reply to
Bob Gentry

Why not? Normal 90 degree sweeps in conduit are at a fairly large radius so you can pull the cable through. The front of the CO2 cartridge is rounded so it should readily follow the curve.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I love my Hilti DX36M, particularly the variable pressure feature so you can use the red loads for most everything.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

If you have wide circle corners - but not the squares that are wall to ceiling or around a pipe... You would have to know your layout before blindly doing it.

It might be strong enough to blow the corner off the end of a line.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Pete C. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The older Trans-Oceanics ('60's vintage) had a wire from the whip that could be connected to the LW/BC/SW antenna terminal.

Just stick a random bit of wire on the ant terminal. You might be surprised. It won't work as well as a long, high outdoor wire, but I'll bet it'll get ya some SW and BCDX. It won't work inside a metal enclosure like an RV, of course.

I can pick up WWV and CHU on my Yaesu tranceiver with just a 3 foot cliplead -- in the basement! The TransOceanics were pretty good SWL radios. They lack a lot of features that a good communications receiver might have, but they had tuned RF stages with pretty good sensitivity.

Reply to
Don Foreman

The black and silver Trans-Oceanic - yep - brother bought one overseas and it worked great. I bought a Panasonic 5 band and it used a pin jack on the side.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Vacuum? That sucks. Where is the Way Cool! factor?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner