Flare brake lines? (2023 Update)

"Jim Wilkins" on Sun, 22 Mar 2015 08:04:07

There is a saying that the Newbie makes the mistake then says "I don't know it wouldn't work." The experienced user "I forgot that doesn't work", while the Guru says "..and that still doesn't work."

pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Sun, 22 Mar 2015

08:42:35 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

We'd pulled the engine out of a VW van in Cairo. Told Dave to put it back. He attempted to slide the engine back in, balanced on a bottle jack (all we had with us). It did not work, and he "only" cracked a tooth when it hit his face. I sent him to bed, said I'd take care of it. The next day, rather than attempt to move the engine into the van, I blocked up the engine on bricks, then had two guys push the van while I manhandled the transmission to align. "easy peasy" - if a bit longer.

It was a heck of a trip, the starter motor on the 1959 Mercedes touring bus failed, and we had to push start it every time, until we could get back to Germany.

pyotr filipivich

Are you as impressed with quality Cherman engineering as I am?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Sun, 22 Mar 2015

14:51:23 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Some German Engineering is good, some of it is "fussy" - sometimes overly so. And some of it was Krap, mit einem K.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

I guess all Porsche, Audi and Mercedes Benz expected "quirks" that were alw ays there will continue to always be there with the newer models.

I guess with learning french and german you can look-up recipes for medieva l styled bread and beer or cured meats.

Reply to
mogulah

The shock-absorbing capabilities of the insoles are useful for workers who must walk and stand during their shift since it reduces fatigue and allows them to work longer. It can also help to reduce the long-term effects of stressing your knees, ankles, legs, and lower back.

Reply to
Stephen Ryan

So, we should double flare our shoes to create an insole?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So, we should double flare our shoes to create an insole? Bob La Londe

It was my original thread 8 years ago, and I let shoes slip in while complaining about difficulty getting up off a "Bone" mechanics creeper. Since then I figured out the proper maneuver to get up easily after many session under the old car.

Dunno why he felt the urge to throw in the spamish ad copy.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins