FOOT SHEAR

If a foot shear can shear 18 ga. steel, is there any way to determine what max. ga. al. it can shear of the same x/y dimensions?

In another post, I asked if anyone had ever heard of a Frederick foot shear and got no answer. I ask again.

Thanks

Reply to
knowone

According to

is 1.5 x the thickness in (mild) steel. Gage conversion is in the same link. David

Reply to
David Malicky

Thanks David.

Reply to
knowone
ÿx?U?Ënà E÷|?¢V?ð#O%QR¥*?îúO?p¨óõ§äB?{tg8]
Reply to
knowone

Reply to
Mike Berger

"knowone" wrote in news:Glpof.4586$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Just saw an episode of "Mythbusters" in which they were trying to bust the myth that steel-toed boots can cut your toes off if crushed. Generally, they busted the myth except in one very important instance. They dropped a heavy load with the contact point being a piece of angle iron with the edge down. The edge of the angle iron slipped off of the steel toe and onto the unreinforced portion of the boot, resulting in a nice guillotine action, severing their test foot behind the steel toe!

Wear those steel-toed boots, but don't get careless, seems to be the message.

Reply to
Hitch