For you telescope fans

Building the LBT--Large Binocular Telescope.

Tons of photos from start to finish including some fairly large-scale machine work. But be warned, these guys don't seem to believe in actually compressing images--I suppose you should expect that from a bunch of astronomers. (: But the thumbnails are all pretty big and clear. Includes a mess of links to making the enclosure, mirrors, motors, you name it. Have fun.

Reply to
B.B.

Machineman

Yeah, I really enjoyed the idea of an enormous, spinning furnace full of a few thousand pounds of molten glass. (:

Reply to
B.B.