Freezing locks

Something Wild.

Reply to
Scott Moore

No, pressing smoked fish on a lock would have no effect, either.

Reply to
Scott Moore

Also, Jurassic Park (lawyer gets eaten on toliet).

Reply to
Scott Moore

Uhgg. What was that doing under "humor" ?

Reply to
Scott Moore

Lets see, Something Wild, several Holly Hunter Movies, Jurassic Park, Big Fish (guy dies on the toliet), Same Time Next Year (Eylen Burstin), there have to be a lot more.

Reply to
Scott Moore

I walked out on Trainspotting after seeing that. Others: the "upside down" toliet on Poseiden Adventure (sp?)

Reply to
Scott Moore

Reply to
David Billington

Not a movie, but a lot of scenes in "Ally McBeal" took place in the (unisex) restroom.

Reply to
John Husvar

I heard a special breaker bar was developed for the krypton locks. You buy them at your local burglary tool shop. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

One scene that I don't recall ever happening on that show was somebody getting their toilet getting "refreshed".

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Try a google search for "darwin award nitro mike"

Happened right here at WPI.

-- Joe

-- Joseph M. Krzeszewski Mechanical Engineering and stuff snipped-for-privacy@wpi.edu Jack of All Trades, Master of None... Yet

Reply to
jski

Don't forget all the scenes where a gunfight or something like that happens in the bathroom and some poor innocent sits there on the can hoping that he doesn't get hit. Red Heat is one that I remember.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Croc Dundee was trying to figure out what the thing next to the toilet was...

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Jurassic Park.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

How could I have forgotten Trainspotting.

One of the best films of the 90s.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

**THUMBS UP!!**

:-P to the Aussies here.

Tim

Tim Williams

Billy Crystal in "ANALyze This" (Pun intended)

Sittin on the can in reataurant bathroom removing an FBI "wire" from his chest and making "ouch" noises while ripping the adhesive tape loose.

The Mob Boss's assistant "Jelly" hears him and suggests he should try eating a bran muffin in the morning.

(Maybe it was in "Analyze That", my memory is blurred on that one.)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

It was the "hot trick" to shatter the pot metal lock mechanism on a "Kryptonite" bike or motorcycle U lock.

Dump a whole can of freon (Was .99 cents a can at this time for R-12) on the inset lock mechanism then give a heathly smack with a hammer and pick the guts out with a screwdriver.

As for real locks a nice sledgehammer for backup and a ball peen for doing the smacking would destroy most locks. Had to do that all the time when I worked picking up motorcycles for a cycle shop and the customer had left the bike locked at a apartment complex. (I ALWAYS had the license plate number so I wasn't picking up the wrong bike!)

Bart D. Hull snipped-for-privacy@inficad.com Tempe, Arizona

Check

for my Subaru Engine Conversion Check
Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Jeff Dantzler wrote:

Reply to
Bart D. Hull

They used to break off the round "American" style locks on commercial vans in NY that way. They freeze the hasp, (which was 2 pieces of chrome plated angle iron that the lock attached to). Then they would put a pipe wrench on the lock and snap the hasp off clean. I've seen the end result when it happened to me. (Luckily there wasn't much in my van to steal.)

The newer styles of hasps have a shield that prevents someone from putting a pipe wrench on the lock. I used to make them myself before they became commercially available.

Reply to
Tony

Don't forget Jeff Daniels' spectacular performance in "Dumb and Dumber"! :-P

Reply to
Mike Gaspard