FS: 45% silver solder/braze

Folks;

A serendipitous score has left me with 3 lbs of 45% silver solder. The 5 oz spools I get at the welding supply last me about 3 years. Needles to say, some is surplus to my needs.

3/32 dia wire cut into about 2 1/2" dia rings. This has cadmium in it, so use it with good ventilation.

10 cents a gram plus postage , min 100 gram.

That makes me 50 cents an oz over the silver content.

100 gms would cost you 10 bucks from me or 40 bucks at the welding supply.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Paul..is this the proper silver content for brazing up band saw blades? If so..Id be interested in a bit.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner, glad to hear you are still amongst the undead.

Yes, this is the right content. But it is a little fat, so you would need to hammer the end of the wire flat before you solder.

Email me directly. But don't use the subject or quotes from the message. For some reason, some, but not all ,of the messages I've received on this, get caught by my email filters. I still haven't figured why.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman