FS bolts -- if you need to jump start your collection of useless crap

I have about 5 lbs of 5/16 and 3/8 hex head bolts, about 1" long. $5 takes it. Free local pickup, or $8.10 shipping.

I also have what looks like 1/4"-28, 3/8" long allen head screws, sort of like the ones you see attaching pulleys to shafts or in guns (without head). $1 per 50, $0.39 shipping.

Ignoramus15609

I was tempted, but my home shop and garage already have more screws in them than in a week long X-rated film festival.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

So does mine. i need to get rid of some. I also have a lot of T nuts for machine ways.

Ignoramus15609

I'd be interested in some for the typical Bridgeport table, 5/8 slot and

1/2-13 threads.

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul

That's 5/8 what, 5/8 maximum width of T bolt of 5/8" where it goes into the groove?

Ignoramus15609

The table slot is 5/8 wide, at the table surface. The skinny part of the nut will be about that size. I don't know the other dimensions off the top of my head. I could also use some smaller ones for a rotary table but it's at the shop and I'm not.

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul

If you have any large t nuts I would be very interested.

John

Reply to
John

I found one 5/8" t nut so far, and four 7/8" T nuts (by groove size),and several 3/8" T nuts, but I barely scratched the surface.

Ignoramus15609

Igor,

I received the bolts today. Thank you so much, again you sent more than I bargained for! You sent not only the bolts, but washers, screws and a couple sticks of graphite (if I can only figure out what to use the graphite for).

Thank you agan (another excellent transaction!)

Dave

Ignoramus15609 wrote:

Reply to
Dave Young

That's great! Thanks!

You can use graphite for graffiti. :)

Ignoramus25541

Graphite is used by at least one model maker as pistons for stirling engines.

Reply to
Ron Thompson

Ron,

Thank you. I've not gotten to the engine making stage yet, but definitely something to think about in the future. The two graphite blocks Igor sent me are about 1.5"x3"x.5" (from memory).

Dave

Reply to
Dave Young

If indeed these are graphite blocks...they are more commonly known as "Carbon Welding Plate" or "Carbon Fixture Plate".. and Iggy gave you some WAY cool stuff..

I'm a 8th scale Live Steam scratch builder an I can tell you that shit is KICK ASS for making up fixtures to hold things you want to Silver Brase together...

It machies like you wouldn't believe... just use a shop vac or dust collector if you do machine it, since it puts out VERY fine powder, you and your whole shop will look like Al Jolsen if you don't...

The trick here is you make a fixture that holds your parts, then flux them and lay the Silver Brase material in place and heat from the bottom of the plate... there is no way you can damage the carbon plate.. it'll go orange and evenily distribute the heat and you knock out PERFICT pieces every time... I just finished a dozen drag links for the suspension on my 2-10-2 and they look like friggen castings....:-)

Many times I don't even need to machine a patern in it, just do a good set up on top (Kozo Style) and heat from the bottom of the block...

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

Reply to
Dave Young

That's what someone else from rec.crafts.metalworking who got some graphite from me, will use my pieces.

truer words have never been spoken.

Ignoramus26451

Those might be cool blocks for bandsaws. :-)

If you have ever turned or milled any cast ir> Ron,

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn