*FS* lathe bits/center drill

I have the following:
2ea. Armstrong lathe bits 86-561
2ea. Armstrong lathe bits 86-559
1ea. HHS #2 center drill
2ea. HHS #4 center drill
Everything is brand new. How's $25 for the lot sound? NJ
Ron
Reply to
rjv494
About a factor of 5 too high. GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
You'd be better of with a size description than the numbers you listed. Few of us are likely to have an Armstrong catalog. What size are they? 1/4" square?
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Jeeze, Harold! He hoped you wouldn't ask.
Bob Swinney
Reply to
Robert Swinney
They are 5/16. The 561 is round nose turning, the 559 is LH turning
Reply to
rjv494
Put 'em on ebay, they'll bring what they're worth there.
John
Reply to
JohnM
Let me try one more time here before Ebay. $20 for all plus ship. Ron
Reply to
rjv494
Let me try one time. Two bucks. You pay the shipping.
John Martin
Reply to
John Martin
Ron, your prices are ridiculous. Put them on ebay, if you have a credit card and an ebay seller's account and can figure out how. You'll get a real education.
Grant
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Selling anything on eBay for less than about $20 is a net loss for the seller. You might be better off keeping them in a drawer or selling them at a local yard sale.
Grant Erw>
Reply to
Tim Killian
Yes, but when nobody bid or they bid it up to only $1 or so (all that a few used no-name lathe bits are worth) then the OP would realize that he isn't MSC and can't charge their prices and maybe (hopefully) stop bugging us. - GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Show me where I can get brand new HSS bits and center drills for a dollar, I take as many as I can get!!!!
Ron
Reply to
rjv494
ok, I'll call your bluff - I have a bit over100 HSS and Cobalt drills, professionally resharpened and what looks like new, mixed together - mostly 6 inches long, mostly #13 and #20. I will sell you 100 drills for $80 including shipping.
if you want to take me up on this, just email me (remove spaces and correct the address below, don't reply to this note) william_ b_ noble at msn daught com
bill
Reply to
william_b_noble
Me thinks Ron isnt aware of the real world and how a bit of judious shopping can make it really affordable.
Reliable Tools sells the same sort of thing..for $4 a pound.
Just one source, of hundreds
Gunner
Gunner Asch
Ok, you got me. I will get with the times. Thanks for bringing me into the 21st century. Ron
Reply to
rjv494
Ron,
It's not that your prices aren't reasonable if one is buying new, from a dealership. They ask, and get, those prices. Luckily for those of us that have home shops, there are sources that sell equipment for bargain prices. I can't speak for others, but if I had to pay full price for my provisions, I'd likely abandon my machines now that I've retired.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
I finally sold the stuff, $18 shipped. So I did get $2/ea. R> > Ok, you got me. I will get with the times. Thanks for bringing me into
Reply to
rjv494
That's a fair deal for both parties!
Nice going.