*FS* lathe bits/center drill

I have the following:

2ea. Armstrong lathe bits 86-561 2ea. Armstrong lathe bits 86-559 1ea. HHS #2 center drill 2ea. HHS #4 center drill

Everything is brand new. How's $25 for the lot sound? NJ

Ron

Reply to
rjv494

About a factor of 5 too high. GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

You'd be better of with a size description than the numbers you listed. Few of us are likely to have an Armstrong catalog. What size are they?

1/4" square?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Jeeze, Harold! He hoped you wouldn't ask.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

They are 5/16. The 561 is round nose turning, the 559 is LH turning

Reply to
rjv494

Put 'em on ebay, they'll bring what they're worth there.

John

Reply to
JohnM

Let me try one more time here before Ebay. $20 for all plus ship. Ron

Reply to
rjv494

Let me try one time. Two bucks. You pay the shipping.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin

Ron, your prices are ridiculous. Put them on ebay, if you have a credit card and an ebay seller's account and can figure out how. You'll get a real education.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Selling anything on eBay for less than about $20 is a net loss for the seller. You might be better off keeping them in a drawer or selling them at a local yard sale.

Grant Erw>

Reply to
Tim Killian

Yes, but when nobody bid or they bid it up to only $1 or so (all that a few used no-name lathe bits are worth) then the OP would realize that he isn't MSC and can't charge their prices and maybe (hopefully) stop bugging us. - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Show me where I can get brand new HSS bits and center drills for a dollar, I take as many as I can get!!!!

Ron

Reply to
rjv494

ok, I'll call your bluff - I have a bit over100 HSS and Cobalt drills, professionally resharpened and what looks like new, mixed together - mostly

6 inches long, mostly #13 and #20. I will sell you 100 drills for $80 including shipping.

if you want to take me up on this, just email me (remove spaces and correct the address below, don't reply to this note) william_ b_ noble at msn daught com

bill

Reply to
william_b_noble

Me thinks Ron isnt aware of the real world and how a bit of judious shopping can make it really affordable.

Reliable Tools sells the same sort of thing..for $4 a pound.

Just one source, of hundreds

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ok, you got me. I will get with the times. Thanks for bringing me into the 21st century. Ron

Reply to
rjv494

Ron,

It's not that your prices aren't reasonable if one is buying new, from a dealership. They ask, and get, those prices. Luckily for those of us that have home shops, there are sources that sell equipment for bargain prices. I can't speak for others, but if I had to pay full price for my provisions, I'd likely abandon my machines now that I've retired.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Reply to