Fun with spammers

I am constantly getting emails from outfits in China pitching mold making services. Probably because prototype and design are part of my business name. Anyway, got one today in fine Chinglish, asking if I need any mould.

I replied, "I just checked my refrigerator, and I have plenty of mould, thank you for asking"

I'll be that has them scratching their heads for a bit... lol

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I like to reply to the ones asking for my bank account details, I reply with dud information and sit back and think of the hours they'll spend trying to get into that account. I'm sure if about 10,000 people did that every week their business model would be destroyed, it would take longer and longer to enter the fake info each week with no return.

We've also had a spate of phone calls from "Microsoft customer service" offering to fix up our PCs. If I have half an hour to spare I like to string them along asking them how to make my Win95 work faster.

A friend liked to pretend he had been shot and pleading for help, until the police turned up!! At least one phone spammer with a conscience.

Reply to
Why are people so cruel

Do not batteries reversely install!

.

I replied, "I just checked my refrigerator, and I have plenty of mould, thank you for asking"

I'll be that has them scratching their heads for a bit... lol

Jon

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And in that same vein, ...

(Tom Mabe from ~4 years ago.)

Reply to
Robert Nichols

I have been getting calls from the "Technical Department of Computers". If I am in the mood, I start into the Bugs Bunny routine, "Oh, my Stars! You must be such INNNNTERESTING people in the technical department of computers..."

For some reason it is satisfying to have a spam caller hang up on you in a state of befuddlement.

Reply to
anorton

And you wrote this in Chinese?

Reply to
John B.

login: snipped-for-privacy@fbi.gov password: momsdress

Reply to
David Lesher

It's more fun to make a Obama supporter hang up in anger. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had a "Microsoft" techy call up and ask if I had problems with my computer running slow etc and I said no, it went quite for a moment and he thanked me and rang off . I expect it went quite as he didn't have that reply in his script and I run Linux anyway.

Reply to
David Billington

I've gotten a few of those, and one day in less than a great mood, I really ripped one guy a new asshole. Well to my surprise, the guy called me back not once, but twice trying to get me to apologize for my 'potty mouth'! Like that's gonna happen... LOL

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

We currently have an investigation into this phone spammer calling numbers on yhe "do not call list". I have had 3 followup calls so far.

Reply to
grmiller

Several years ago, my number was removed from a collection agency's

7AM call list due to the verbal abuse she got every time she called - she was making the calls,not me!
Reply to
grmiller

Well..that is $500 US per call in someones pocket. Lets hope he keeps calling!

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire

Reply to
Gunner