Fun with spammers

I am constantly getting emails from outfits in China pitching mold making services. Probably because prototype and design are part of my
business name. Anyway, got one today in fine Chinglish, asking if I need any mould.
I replied, "I just checked my refrigerator, and I have plenty of mould, thank you for asking"
I'll be that has them scratching their heads for a bit... lol
Jon

I like to reply to the ones asking for my bank account details, I reply with dud information and sit back and think of the hours they'll spend trying to get into that account. I'm sure if about 10,000 people did that every week their business model would be destroyed, it would take longer and longer to enter the fake info each week with no return.
We've also had a spate of phone calls from "Microsoft customer service" offering to fix up our PCs. If I have half an hour to spare I like to string them along asking them how to make my Win95 work faster.
A friend liked to pretend he had been shot and pleading for help, until the police turned up!! At least one phone spammer with a conscience.
On 10/15/2012 05:42 PM, Why are people so cruel wrote:

And in that same vein, ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBfsdkGeMc8
(Tom Mabe from ~4 years ago.)

I have been getting calls from the "Technical Department of Computers". If I am in the mood, I start into the Bugs Bunny routine, "Oh, my Stars! You must be such INNNNTERESTING people in the technical department of computers..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
fx4orazEk
For some reason it is satisfying to have a spam caller hang up on you in a state of befuddlement.
anorton wrote:

It's more fun to make a Obama supporter hang up in anger. :)

login:         snipped-for-privacy@fbi.gov password:    momsdress
Why are people so cruel wrote:

I had a "Microsoft" techy call up and ask if I had problems with my computer running slow etc and I said no, it went quite for a moment and he thanked me and rang off . I expect it went quite as he didn't have that reply in his script and I run Linux anyway.
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:56:42 +0100, David Billington

We currently have an investigation into this phone spammer calling numbers on yhe "do not call list". I have had 3 followup calls so far.
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 00:13:45 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Well..that is $500 US per call in someones pocket. Lets hope he keeps calling!
Gunner
"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
On 10/15/2012 2:42 PM, Why are people so cruel wrote:

I've gotten a few of those, and one day in less than a great mood, I really ripped one guy a new asshole. Well to my surprise, the guy called me back not once, but twice trying to get me to apologize for my 'potty mouth'! Like that's gonna happen... LOL
Jon
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:04:58 -0800, Jon Anderson

Several years ago, my number was removed from a collection agency's 7AM call list due to the verbal abuse she got every time she called - she was making the calls,not me!
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
I am constantly getting emails from outfits in China pitching mold making services. Probably because prototype and design are part of my business name. Anyway, got one today in fine Chinglish, asking if I need any mould.
I replied, "I just checked my refrigerator, and I have plenty of mould, thank you for asking"
I'll be that has them scratching their heads for a bit... lol
Jon
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:51:35 -0800, Jon Anderson

And you wrote this in Chinese?
--
Cheers,
John B.