garage floor paint

Yesterday afternoon I applied the paint, it looks good so far. I checked it today after 24 hours and it was not as glossy as I had hoped. I will begin moving in my workbenches (1200 pounds each) after 72 hours. I will still use cardboard under the pallet jack to avoid marring it. Finally my new shop is coming to fruition :)

I'll try to get some picts up in the next few days.

Reply to
V8TR4

But...but..Leigh...Sharon might LIKE a pink floor in the shop.

Gunner

Gunner

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 06:19:02 GMT, "V8TR4"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Please do so. I'd like to see it.

RJ

"V8TR4"

Reply to
Backlash

The issue I have with garage floor paint isn't how easily it goes on or how tough it is, how much it costs, or how good it looks. It's how easy it is to *repaint* a few years later! I bought real good epoxy paint, got the Israeli gas mask, etched the concrete with acid, the whole nine yards, and got a really gorgeous and tough layer of white paint. Four years later I tried to repaint it using the manufacturer's directions. I sanded that stuff to roughen it, for TWO DAYS. It was immaculately clean, and the correct temperature, and the paint was mixed correctly and applied as best I could.

It bubbled badly. I hate it.

I'm never painting a shop floor again. Sealer, maybe. Paint, forget it.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:50:27 -0800, Grant Erwin brought forth from the murky depths:

Condolences. Add the price to that and it's a real insult.

KilzII + porch paint is pretty tough and I doubt I'll have any trouble whatsoever repainting when it needs it. The Martin Senour MicroLite putty filled the divots better than I thought it would. (The shot nails left craters when I pulled out the dividing wall.)

I sure like that white floor, though. Gray is OK if you're blind or ex-Navy. (Wait, is there a difference?)

Reply to
Larry Jaques