Getting Argon Gas on Saturday

Hello I recently got a new HTP Invertig 201 thanks to some suggestions on this newsgroup, I've been very happy with it (can't say the same about my skill though), but I have run out of Argon gas for it. Work takes up most of my day so I can not normally get over to a welding store to buy more Argon Gas. All of the welding stores that I have been to are all closed on Saturday/Sunday, so I was curious if anyone knew somewhere around Atlanta, preferably near Marietta, that is open on Saturday or Sunday that can fill Argon Gas tanks. Thanks.

-Zipper

Reply to
Zipper

Dunno about your area, but in the Dallas area Home Depot carries BOC welding gasses including Argon, Tractor Supply has the same from another company, both are of course open on Saturday.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Here in Molalla Oregon you can trade bottles at the NAPA store on any day of the week including Sunday. They also can custom make you a hydraulic hose for your backhoe too.

Reply to
Richard W.

If your Tractor Supply uses Gas Pony like the ones in and around Charlotte, NC they don't carry pure argon. Only 75% argon / 25% CO2 MIG gas.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I don't know if they have pure Argon, I get mine at Airgas which is about the same distance from me. I do recall seeing Argon listed on the cylinder cage signs out front of my local Home Depot.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

You could stop at the Varsity but I don't think that would produce Argon gas..........

Reply to
ATP*

I get gas at Starbucks...not sure if it's argon.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You be lucky in Molalla. The girl at the local Napa here didn't even know how to use a tubing cutter for copper flexible 3/8" I told her to sell me a "generous" foot of the stuff and she sold me a yard of it. I just smiled, paid, and exited

Reply to
daniel peterman

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:25:04 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (daniel peterman) quickly quoth:

A girl in a NAPA auto parts store? I've never seen one working there in any of the various NAPA stores I've been in for decades. I like it, but couldn't they hire someone a BIT more savvy? Every NAPA guy I've talked with was very knowledgeable. Have all the good old guys retired and they're now stocking stores with currently-schooled folks? That's a scary thought. What's going to happen to the USA when our couple of generations are gone?

=========================================================== Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed!

Hilarious T-shirts online ===========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The local Southern Auto here is staffed with nothing but women..and they are damned good. I play a game with them..walk in, hand em something..tell em I need a new one..and they can, about 96% of the time..give me a new one without asking a question. I did stump em a couple times with volvo parts though...

Gunner

Gunner Asch

This is exactly why I made sure to put Argon Gas everywhere I mentioned Gas :-)

Reply to
zipper

Reminds me of a girl that worked in the parts department of a Baltimore outfit called "British Auto Parts" or the like, in the 1970s. You would walk in, describe the left-handed wobulator that went under the right side of the whatever, she would pause a heartbeat, spit out a 27-digit stock number, disappear into the back, and come back 10 minutes later with the correct part. Rumour had it that she had photographic memory, but didn't know what the stuff she fetched actually did. Not that it mattered.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

That close to Tech you're likely to get just about _anything_.

Reply to
J. Clarke