Getting More First Minutes Out of A Flap Disc

The Osborn Dronco 4.5" (115mm) ones I have use the standard 7/8" (22.23mm) angle grinder mounting and are rated at 11,000 RPM max so suitable for use on my 4.5" Bosch grinder. The only minor issue I find is due to the depth of the fleece when new it makes it harder to get the pin spanner on the nut but I can live with that. The Dronco part number is 6700 001 100. None of the other discs of this type I've seen advertised had a max speed anywhere near 11k RPM so would have been unsafe in use.

Reply to
David Billington

The Osborn Dronco 4.5" (115mm) ones I have use the standard 7/8" (22.23mm) angle grinder mounting and are rated at 11,000 RPM max so suitable for use on my 4.5" Bosch grinder. The only minor issue I find is due to the depth of the fleece when new it makes it harder to get the pin spanner on the nut but I can live with that. The Dronco part number is 6700 001 100. None of the other discs of this type I've seen advertised had a max speed anywhere near 11k RPM so would have been unsafe in use.

------------------

What I called 2" scouring pads appear to be a denser, fine-textured variant on fleece abrasive wheels.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I tried a couple methods of dressing the flap disc. It would improve slightly but not for very long. 5 seconds of work maybe. I already have the flap disc so I figured I'd see if I could improve their usefulness first before trying anything else.

These are 60 grit Zirconia discs, but results were similar with Aluminum oxide flap discs as well.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On body work I pickle after either blasting OR grinding/sanding Either process can "pean" metal over rust - and the rust ALWAYS wins. Phosphoric acid "metal prep" kills any tiny rust remnants allowing the primer to fully seal the surface and the top coat to last and LAST.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

But I haven't seen them as angle grinder wheels.

You have to know the right incantation to invoke Internet magic. "Deburring disc" returns this:

Jim Wilkins