Getting on with it!

BOY! Is that a name from the past. Havent heard his name in a LONG time. And yes I remember "fox tails". :-) ...lew... ( highschool class of 49 )

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:41:48 -0800, the inscrutable Winston spake:

Saturday Update: The ToolRoo(tm) pouches are progressing nicely. I have 3 prototypes (straggly but the bugs are being worked out as I progress, and am working on a 4th. I should have pictures tomorrow, Sunday. Stay tuned!

Do you have a preference for style? Inline or hangtail? Halfascii graphics follow:

hangtail model inline model (top opening) __________ ____________________________ a/c cord=======| |=======| |==== | | | | | | |\__________________________/| | | | | | | | | | | |____________________________| | | | | | ________ | |/ \| |__________|

opening

- If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates. --------------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques implied:

(...)

Bodacious progress!

Hangtail works Inline would be my choice. great single- It requires both hands but handed if only one would be easier to control tool is stored. when multiple tools are stored.

I sent in my order for three just now!

Thanks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hokay, let me try that in English, since the ASCII god was not smiling upon me just then.

Great progress, Larry!

The Hangtail design looks like it would work great when storing a single tool (say a circular saw wrench).

I prefer the Inline design. It does require two hands but would be easier to control when multiple tools are stored. So I sent in my order for three!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:49:42 -0800, the inscrutable Winston spake:

Great. You wanted a NoteSHADE as well, right?

- If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates. --------------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:12:16 -0800, the inscrutable Winston spake:

Thou shalt use a monospaced font in thy reader. Amen.

Try courier in your newsreader and you'll see it as it was meant to be seen.

I saw both my post and your reply intact.

- If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates. --------------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Boy when you quote an ascii dwg does it ever look intresting. Now with two quotes lets see what it looks like. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

People tell me my idea is so ingenious, I should get a patent. Almost from the beginning, in 1999, I figured that to be a rediculous suggestion. The design of my "invention" is reasonably obvious to any "practitioner in the field", so I said screw the patent system--I posted my idea to the public domain in the form of a website. Didn't know I was following Don Lancaster's advice, but now I'm cranking out 2-3 units a week and having a good old time:

Ken Grunke

Reply to
ken grunke

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:07:02 -0600, the inscrutable ken grunke spake:

Interesting resource! I decided that it wouldn't be worth the cost and complete hassle to patent my product, and several clones have come out in the past decade. Luckily, some of these brilliant copies were made of CARDBOARD!

Ditto here. A lady attorney friend approached me in 1995 for a laptop glare guard. I checked the Web to see if any were available and found none. I tried half a dozen styles, settled on one, decided to make it a top-notch product with really good materials, and the rest is history of a sort. ;) I've been making and selling NoteSHADES(tm) to my clients ever since that time. The Canadian Space Agency has 4 of them.

Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques authored:

Yes, please. Thank you.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Larry Jaques intoned:

Great resource, thanks!

That's good because my newsreader turned it into mangledbabyducks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

What, you don't like Picasso? :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:35:58 -0800, the inscrutable Winston spake:

Running Arial, are we?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques explained:

Nope, 'monospace'.

Something else happened because my incoming ascii looks yucky even when viewing with 'courier'. Your ascii looked just fine with 'monospace' or 'courier'.

It looks as if a 'backspace' character got inserted a couple times in my file as it left my computer. Or something. Very Wierd.

Ah well. I will have to forget these advanced graphic techniques and fall back on my old standard which is to post a link to a multimegabyte .JPG file. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:44:02 -0800, the inscrutable Winston spake:

Short line length settings in the reader can also affect it.

Typical. Posted here, too, on a non-binary group, no doubt. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques flashed on:

(...)

What, did I just invent binary links?

Is it too late to file a patent for that *and* my Wireless Guacamole?

:P

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

There was a neat program (years ago) on an HP computer - called Bruno.

Bruno drew these with ease. Got one guy in trouble at work since he drew the sweet looking admin type - level 2 - and someone saw it. Level 1 admin lowered the boom.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:37:12 -0800, the inscrutable Winston spake:

Sorry, I misread that. I thought you were going to do something more standard for Usenet: posting a multimeg file, not a link.

Alas, you're too late. Our well-known friend, Montezuma, invented streaming guacamole. It's part of his revenge when you eat bad Mexican food.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Taco Bell, the thinking man's laxative.

--Winston