Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box origin

I recently bought a Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box for a project. The box is imported. Guess where it was made? Has to be some low-cost
area, right? I thought stuff like that had to come from Chicagoland, then China.
Molded right into the metal it says "Made in EU".
Joe Gwinn

Spain?
In article

No idea. All it says is EU. More likely somewhere in the Former Soviet Union, Poland and the Czech Republic being quite industrial.
Joe Gwinn

Sounds like European Union - does that include Poland or the Czech Republic?