Solid Plastic Tools

I'm looking for a solid plastic screwdriver.I have to open a laptop,and I don't to use metal screwdriver because it scratches the plastic
case.I tried google but I only come up with plastic coated tools.
DonFigo wrote:

You used to be able to buy fiberglass screwdrivers commonly known as alignment tools. Haven't seen them for years, but haven't looked for them either.

they sell plastic tools that scratch things less than metal at cell phone parts stores online. They're like the ipod opening tools sold at battery places.
they're really nothing special though. I use popsicle sticks to pry things apart. They do splinter and make a mess if you're rough though.

If you found a plastic screwdriver that could actually drive screws, the plastic would be hard enough to damage the laptop plastic.
There are special tools made for the job. They look like a small version of the ice scrapers you use to scrape ice off the car's windows.
--
RoRo

Gosh - just make one with a good file and some tough plastic. Maybe the feed rods from a plastic model.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Robert Roland wrote:

Google "non-metallic screwdriver" or "plastic screwdriver"
http://www.ivproducts.com/pages/tools.html http://www.action-electronics.com/alignmenttools.htm
Dave
DonFigo wrote:

You want a few spudgers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spudger http://www.flickr.com/photos/driph/2812012796 /
http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKUf90042&MPN5621&Rf90042&SEARCHf90042&DESC5621
--Winston
Winston wrote:

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKUf90042&MPN5621&Rf90042&SEARCHf90042&DESC5621

Thanks for teaching me a new word.
Now I can fantasize about walking into a Rat Shack store and asking the counter girl where the spudgers are. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKUf90042&MPN5621&Rf90042&SEARCHf90042&DESC5621 -

"I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to go to the pharmacy next door for those. They have all brands of condoms there."
-- Ed Huntress

I had a brother-in-law, who died of multiple sclerosis. When his condition was fairly advanced and he was pretty much house-bound, his computer mouse wore out its ball (you know where this is going, right?). This was long ago enough that you would replace these parts rather than just replace the mouse, so yes, my sister was sent to the computer store to buy a mouse ball. Not one of the little ones, a big mouse ball. The worst of it was that she knew exactly what was going to happen when she asked for it, and she couldn't find a way to rephrase the question to avoid it...
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

Are you saying she wasn't smart enough to take the mouse with her, and tell then it needed a new ball?
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Jeff Wisnia wrote: (...)

As she backs away frowning, just tell her that some are known as "booger pickers" or "booger hooks".
:)
--Winston <-- Mr. Helpful
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Or, ask for a diddle stick.
MikeB
On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:49:09 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Jeff

Is that where you ask her to look on the bottom rack for a few minutes while you check out her upper assets? Shameful!
Yeah, spiffy new word.
--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln

Of course, they aren't called 'screwdriver'. Either use a bamboo stick whittled to a chisel edge, or a putty knife (the flexible-bladed type, usually).
There are nylon tools with various names for these tasks, but the bamboo-chopstick-and-a-good-pocketknife solution works well.