need Surface Grinder help

Hi. I have an old "Abrasive Machinery Company" model 3B at work. It's big old monster and does OK, but the X feed is pretty fast and it has a plunger on the gear box below the manual X feed wheel that is stuck. Can anyone identify it as a speed selector before i go taking apart a machine that I cant find parts or a reasonably priced manual for?

Stupendous Man

looks just like my M3, that is the speed control, pulled out is fast pushed in is slow. My machine is an 8 x 24 and is for sale. Allentown PA 18102. Cheap. B & S Techmaster 824 waiting to take its place.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Thank you sir. i guess i will be pulling it apart today. the plunger is so stuck I was worried about bending it or busting it off. I am a small, low budget shop and in eastern California. Do you have the manual for the M3? I might need some info out of it in a day or so.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Is the "M3" machine also made by Abrasive? I fixed the bent shift plunger rod today and will re-install it tomorrow. It must have been bent when or before the machine got here 6 years ago. It says on the machine to fill the 200Lbs+ gear box with "machine oil",l I guess i will use what i have for the lathe.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

YES

I think I used SAE30 motor oil. never did find a source for a manual for mine.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

I had found one a year ago for about $200. They probably still have it.

Reply to
Stupendous Man