Handling 150 lbs devices

SNIP

Hey Gunner,

When I went to see this URL (above), I scrolled right to the bottom, and you immediately popped to mind. Have a peek at:

Take care,

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Oh, that's you TBR? I did not realize that!

Ignoramus16172

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:02:38 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Glenn" quickly quoth:

(Nothing which saves your back is a hassle, Ig. Nothing! Borrowing that hydraulic lift table is your best bet for now.)

Let's see, he spent $6 each for these 10(?) items and now you want him to spend $400 for the unit and $389 for the offset hitch lift which makes it usable in a pickup? I don't think so. ;)

(manual)

The HF crane is a good deal when on sale for $60, though it does take a bit of cutting and welding to set it up properly. (No, I won't post my old welding pics for the extension bracket I put in. I was too embarrassed the first time. I'll finish fixing those this summer. ;) Anyway, Ig moves enough steel in and out of his truck that one of these would be a good idea. It adds shop crane usability to anywhere in the field. Which reminds me, I need to remove 3 metal fence posts out in the yard. I should remount the crane and go do that this weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- The more we gripe, *

longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes old buddy, it's me. How goes the battle?:

Reply to
Me

I unloaded a 20" band saw by myself by taking the tail gate off, supporting two 2x8's on the step bumper and bracing the other ends on the ground. Slid down rather nicely.

With the cooefficient of sliding friction and the angle of the ramps the amount of force you have to manage becomes rather small.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

I will use a slide/ramp, and I agree 100% on the back issue.

6 items (there was other stuff in the lot also besides the 6 power supplies, total cost about $62)

Exactly:)

Ignoramus16172

I think that it was a great idea, I came to the same conclusion myself. I will use the step bumper and brace the wooden ramp to the ground.

Absolutely, yes, thanks for good feedback.

I will have to load a 140 lbs item on my truck today, but it should not be as dangerous.

Ignoramus16172

I considered one of those, but with an 18" lift range it would rarely be of much use. One that extended from six inches to three feet would be a lot handier.

Ranieri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

Or go down to the local bodybuilding gym and offer beer and/or protein shakes.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Kinda complex but a good story anyway. When I was about 17 I worked in a sign shop in Michigan. It was a family biz but not mine. The man that built this place was very clever and lets just say "thrifty" The entire shop was covered by this overhead trolly system. Suspended by the roof was a series of tracks, and in those tracks were long hooks hanging from steel rollerskate wheels. There was a secondary system for really heavy stuff like big batches of raw materials. Then I moved to Florida Oh I still have that scooter lift for sale but I live in San Diego now

Reply to
daniel peterman

You didn't read what I said. BUILD one. He has a "new" welder and probably a bunch of scrap iron lying about. I have a couple of the HF cranes but they mess up the bed of the truck and leave a huge chunk in the way. They also have problems aligning to center of the bed for the lift. The other problem is that if you overload them they rip hell out of the truck. All reasons I am really happy I tried em out on company rigs first :) I really like the reciever hitch idea and plan to build one to adapt to the HF cranes but I have to put a reciever on the truck first.

The simplest (next to borrowing the lift table) would be some pipe in the pockets with a crossbar to attach a rope to and slide em down a ramp using the rope to control the fall.

Geeze Larry .. you should know me well enough to realize I would neve suggest buying something that easy to build LOL!

Reply to
Glenn

NO! I was advising to look at those pictures and construct a device similar to be useful at many other times down the road. Thought you might like a nice welding project to actually use your new welder for something practical. That is the whole point of having all these cool tools .. so you can spend a couple hours putting together something out of scrap that would cost way more than the time/materials to make yourself. It will also be custom fit to your needs and vehicle. sorry to misslead. Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

TMT, I already have a hydraulic crane, which works great, but it is just a hassle to use with small stuff like these power supplies.

Ignoramus9035

I don't know how you stand it, those are some loud, noisy, birds.

Reply to
McCrane

Not funny. I told you to start responding with wittier comments. I will come to your house and beat your head if you don't get started. Your nose makes you a very ugly person.

Reply to
TheBillRod.gers

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 09:40:59 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Glenn" quickly quoth:

You're right, Glennn. I missed that, only seeing the URL which most people send instead of saying "Build one!" Mea culpa.

You're not supposed to pick up -Shipleys- wif 'em, Glenn.

Ayup, that's the way to go. The in-bed mount has been nothing but a PITA since I started futzing with it. Steel receiver and aloonimum hitch adapter, eh?

The problem is that most items catch on the wood. BTDT, Feh!

My table saw was easy. It slid down the plastic tailgate protector (No, it's nothing like a pocket protector, but thanks for asking) via a comealong attached to a rope through the front stake pockets. It worked both up and down that way, so I did it myself. It's an old 1920s Davis & Wells monster, just 300 lbs or so.

You're right. So solly! I'll say ten Hail Metals and repent. Honest!

-------------------------------------------------------------------- The more we gripe, *

longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The problem lies with your double digit IQ.

It's a big ole mushroom head, so I'll like that.

I don't have one. It was lost in a hunting accident

Reply to
Me

Oh what a bastard, a hassle... We can't have hassles now can we?

The time you've spent posting to this thread would have been better spent dealing with the hassle. You're a self-professed buyer of surplus gear, spend some of you profits equipping yourself for the task. There's no free lunches.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

You've been trolled dumbass.

Reply to
Me

I found it out there! Made a helluva shelter for a couple of days!

Reply to
Tom