Handling 150 lbs devices

Snag some men from the home depot just for support. it will cost you 30 bux

Reply to
daniel peterman

JR North

Two people can lift it easily. Just find someone to help you, and maybe pay him a little $.

You could also rent a liftgate truck, for example from Route 12 Rental in Arlington Heights.

Reply to
AL

Ask dad and bro if they want a quote on "Chip Brushes", I sell truckloads to FG fabers.

Reply to
Tom Gardner
150 pounds is just the wrong weight. Too heavy to do it by yourself, too much hassle to rig up a hoist.

If it was me, I'd just wait and schedule a friend suitable for that kind of weight. If the shape is ugly, you may wish to strap it to a piece of

1" pipe to give you a nice handle.

For what it's worth, I have a hoist rail, trolly, and lift > I am soon going to pick up six devices, each is a rectangular shape

Reply to
RoyJ

Or give him anal sex. I volunteer...

Reply to
Meek1

Might invest in a plank or ramp - and slide them off the back onto the ground or onto a cart or two wheeler...

I miss my very steep driveway in my old house - drive down - open the tailgate and the end was near the surface of the driveway! Rolled my TIG out the back and then had to hold it back as it wanted to roll down hill :-) SD 180 on wheels.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Ignoramus23984 wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

If you have any surplus places around (esp. for hospital surplus), watch for a patient lift. Sometimes garage sales of used shops. They are rated at around 400lbs, have castors and work like an engine hoist. Great to have around the garage, shop, whatever. I used one to hold up the head end of a heavy 10 Southbend lathe to roll it out of a friend's house. Worked great. Should be able to find a nice late model (possibly with weight scale, stretcher or chair hoops or t-bars and chains) for no more than $100. I kept several around where a lift wasn't handy. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Inch,

Could you just back the truck under the Bendpak hoist and use the hoist arms and a sling to lift them up, then just drive out from under the load?

I use my lift all the time for stuff like this.

Wayne

Reply to
wrace

Wayne's a punk.

Reply to
Me

I have a 500 lb scooter lift, 12 volt strap with hook. It'll yank whatever you need.

619 265 1883 san diego. 60 bux
Reply to
daniel peterman

The Harbor Freight winch can be had for about $75 on sale. Lifts up to

880# (or is it 440?). No matter, does a great job with washing machines, 3 wheelers, cabinets, lawn mowers, chipper-shredders, you name it.
Reply to
Gary Brady

Very nice kits indeed. Thanks.

I'll see, I will probably sell most or even all of them, but they are useful for electrolytic applications or where constant voltage regulated power is useful. I do not want to talk too much about it, but I might use them for something.

Ignoramus23984

Yes, I live near Naperville, it would be fantastic if I could borrow your hydraulic lift for a 2-3 nights...

Ignoramus23984

Gary, you know, maybe I will actually get one.

I will get out to the yard and wee if I can scrounge enough wood junk to make a temporary slide/ramp. I have a pretty big wooden board and might just add enough 2x4 stuff to make such a ramp. It would solve my problem nicely.

I appreciate everyone else's suggestions. I see that I should take it seriously.

Ignoramus23984

Build one of these for your truck :)

little crane that stuffs into the receiver hitch and away ya go. Put a hand winch on it and it works pretty fast. Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Maybe you can use it to turn the wife, before she gets another bedsore. Oh wait, it has a one ton limit, that won't do...

Reply to
Me

Do what we do when we unload our 500# atvs. Find a ditch or an embankment that matches the tailgate of your pickup. Back in. Unload.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You have to know something about me, it is next to impossible to piss me off on USENET. Many people tried and were very frustrated in the end. I am very thick skinned when it comes to newsgroup postings.

Ignoramus23984

Why would the great TBR try to piss off Iggy? Besides, I think you have enough worrys with your 350lb wife, and trying to figure out how to cure her bedsores, that you are probably just too tired to get mad.

TBR

Reply to
Mead