Hara chuck

I picked up a small Japanese bench type drill press. Good for my small
garage and a good buy even though the manufacturer only makes very
LARGE computer-controlled (so what else is new?) production machines
now, which explains my problem. Has a brand name "Hara" chuck, 13mm.
The key was obviously not made for it and while it will do the job it's
gonna eventually ruin the chuck. Any suggestions for finding a proper
key for it or should I just buy a new chuck? I'm thinking it's gonna
have to be option 2. If so, another question: I've never swapped out
a chuck before and have no clue how to do it. Can someone enlighten me
or give me a link that will help me learn? TIA.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Measure the holes in the chuck with a caliper or a gage pin, (or something that fits snugly)
Go to your local tool store and buy the matchine chuck key.
Rule #35 "That which does not kill you, has made a huge tactical error"
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.