hardfacing with TIG?

Ive got (2) complet Eutectics units and at least 30 lbs of various types of powders.

One of these days Ill fire em up and see how well it works.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

What's that Lassie? You say that dan fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:01:44 GMT:

Duh. Not handpicking, hardfacing.

Reply to
dan

What's that Lassie? You say that Larry Jaques fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:41:44 -0700:

I knew someone was going to say something like that.

Trail maintenance. Now that my horse is gone, I do a lot more hiking and the trails are in rough shape.

Reply to
dan

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:22:24 GMT, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net (dan) scrawled the following:

Ah, you're in good company. Lew Hartswick and his wife (I never can remember her name) do that ouside of Albuquerque, NM, or did in 2001, anyway. Very nice folks. Family, even.

-- The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A folding pruning saw and a military entrenching tool, or some of the sturdier camping-store copies, are pretty good for removing brush, rocks and roots in the trail when you are alone and far enough in that size and weight matter, though they're not the best tools for a work crew. For them I bring the chain saw and rope. Round-end, straight- handle shovels and the all-steel telescoping rakes have worked well, the rakes can dig into rough stuff when only slightly extended.

Sharpen one edge of the entrenching tool to chop roots and set it at the right-angle position for hoeing and leveling. Bring a small triangular file to keep both sharp.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

What's that Lassie? You say that Jim Wilkins fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Sun, 18 Oct 2009 10:16:55 -0700 (PDT):

I got just about all of those things, and use all of it from time to time. I prefer a cutter mattok(grub hoe) to the entrenching tool. We have lots of rocks here(granite) and the grub hoe is good for prying up stones.

Haven't used the chain saw in a while, it gets heavier the father I tote it. Now I think it needs its carb. cleaned. Sat too long.

Reply to
dan