Heads-Up: Yahoo Spies on User's Web Activity

[Forwarded from another group. I know and trust Modemac.]

[Received in email. I checked this and verified it, it is true. -- > Modemac]

> > Yahoo and NON privacy > > Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo > Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you > are going. > > Take a look at their updated privacy statement: > >
> About halfway down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo! > Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you > "opt-out" of their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend > that you do this. > > Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. > > Notice the "Success" message the top the next page. Be careful because > on that page there is a "CancelOpt-out" button that, if clicked, will > *undo* the opt-out. Feel free to forward this to other groups. > This is something NEW and ANNOYING!!!!!
Reply to
Artemia Salina

It's nothing really new. Whenever you download an image of any type, it's logged in the web server's log. "Beacons" are just single pixle gifs that don't show up on your screen. They can get the same info from a displayed ad banner.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Amaranth