Help ID'ing a Carburetor

need some help ID'ing a vintage carb; no markings whatsoever, kind of looks like the lines of an SU; larger physically than a 2" SU. photos here at my Reno Craigslist ad:

any help appreciated. tnx, barry carson city , nv snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
barrytuttleman

That doesn't look like any SU carb I've ever seen but then you could always ask the current company that supports SU carbs

.

Reply to
David Billington

What is the bore diameter? It looks like either a watercraft or motorcycle carb - possibly a prototype. Nothing I've seen before. It is a "su style" in that it uses a sliding piston, not a diaphragm like a Stromberg or a Keihin. Looks like from a liquid cooled engine,and with a mechanical choke

Reply to
clare

It looks a bit like this one:

Reply to
Trumble

Hitachi flat top off a Nissan engine.

Steve W.

looks like Steve W. nailed it! tnx guys, barry carson city, nv

Reply to
barrytuttleman

Your estimated pricing wasn't too far off either.

The Z car restoration community looks to be your best bet.

Reply to
Spain

Ha! I haven't seen a reference to those for a while. I had a Racer Brown 3/4 cam in my 1275 MG Midget. It was good for hillclimbs but wasn't enough at Lime Rock Park. But then, neither was the rest of the car...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

the 2 big ones on the side - including the bent one, would appear to be coolant (heating) lines.

Reply to
clare

Not even CLOSE.

Reply to
clare

That's it - definitely. I was looking for a picture of the japanese SU and couldn't find it.

Reply to
clare

So f****ng what, bend double and blow yerself.

Reply to