Help identifying angle vise?

I purchased an angle vise at Iron Fever last summer. There are no markings on the vise, and the style is not familiar to me. Can anyone satisfy my curiousity as to who made it? A picture is in the dropbox under "unknownvise".

Thanks,

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Its got to be a drill press vise..not beefy enough to do much milling on it.

Not a style Ive seen before

gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

That's a rather unusual vise. The actual vise jaw is large, like a milling vise, but the base is much smaller than the average angle vise. Also, the travel of the vise appears to be small, restricting it to holding a part only about 2 inches thick or so. It is like the company made their own base, but didn't have the movable vise jaw so they threw on one from a Kurt or something. Other than that info sorry I can't help more. ww88

axolotl wrote:

Reply to
woodworker88

Reply to
Errol Groff

It is an odd duck. If it helps, the jaw opening is 5 1/2" x 2 1/2", and it weighs 32 lbs. It has adjustable gibs. Angle scales in azimuth and elevation. When I got it, it was painted an immoral green. I don't know if that was the original color.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Reply to