Help surface finishing my work

What are the right tools and wheels to finish my work? I'd like to build an inventory of the right deburring and finishing wheels and tools to finish my work (sculpture...aka metal stuck together) effectively. I purchased a convoluted XL type deburring wheel for my bench grinder. However it wears down very quickly in certain situations, and they are expensive. As someone pointed out, items with edges seem to wear down the wheel the most. I have been working with stainless cutouts from a water jet and there are a lot of sharp corners and small internal areas to contend with. I like to bring the surface up to a bright and shiny finish. I usually try to complete most of the surface work before the final tig welds and clean up the weld areas afterwards. The Dremel tips are really crap and the selection of bits is very limited. I have a belt grinder, an 8" grinder, a 6" grinder, an angle grinder and a Dremel. I'd like to be able to have all the different wheels and purchase a die grinder to do the job start to finish. What do I need? A good, knowledgeable abrasives source with someone I could talk to would be great. Thanks

-Mike from St. Louis

Reply to
mlcorson

"mlcorson" wrote: What are the right tools and wheels to finish my work? (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If you don't already have it, get a flap disk for your hand-held angle grinder.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

On my Heavy 10. V to flat 3.25 to 4.125 side to side. Flat to center just over 5".

Reply to
Clif Holland

Reply to
Glenn