Help ID Steady Rest and Collet Closer

Hi group.

I am trying to ID a steady rest and a collet closer that I picked up Does anyone know what machine these will fit? I am trying to describe them for sale on Ebay.

based on my research to date, it belongs to a South Bend and may be called a "telescopic steady" but I cannot figure out what size lathe it belongs to.

The base has "SR 101T" stamped into it It will pass something 3.75" through itself.

From the center of the inverted v to the near edge of the opposite flat measures 4.10" >From the center of the inverted V to the far edge of the opposite flat measures 5.60" >From the plane of the flat way to the lathe center is approximately 6.5"

The collet closer is clearly for a South Bend, but again, which model/size?

The overall length is 22-13/16" lenght from threaded end to first shoulder is 18-7/8" Length from threaded end to second shoulder is 20-1/2" through hole is 1.10" in diameter

Stamped into the area between the second and third shoulder is "HWC

104T"

looking forward to your responses, and thanks for looking. Andy Hall

Reply to
andy

Sounds like a steady for a 13" SB. There may be a number that looks like PT.... someplace on the thing...

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

A ruler in the pictures shure would help...

Reply to
Clif Holland