Help with identification?

Wonder if anybody is familiar with the item in photo and can clue me in -- purpose, what it would be used in, anything like that. Thanks much.

ghb624

Three rusted slitting saw blades on a rusted arbor.

As an aside, do you think it would kill anybody if they were to put something recognizable in a picture to provide scale? Not just in the case of this particular post, but I see a PILE of ebay pictures as well as almost every OTHER "what-is-it?" post, that would benefit a lot from a sense of scale and size in order to identify the product in question. Simple stuff like a ruler or a deck of smokes, anything normal! < enough of that>

The taper of the arbor looks a little off to be a Morse taper. Maybe a Brown and Sharpe. Dunno what size.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Not a Morse taper, for sure. I myself like to put a ruler next to almost everything that I try to sell on eBay.

Ignoramus6542