Hey Karl! Is it still stuck in park?

Did you get "the kid" back on the road? What fixed it?

Or have you been driven over a few times?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

It was the brake light fuse. burn this fuse and your vehicle won't come out of park. I didn't know this. So far, I've made two trips. Looks like maybe fifty more this summer with all the things I agreed to help. My CNC plasma cutter probably won't get done again this year. Let alone the backhoe - I tore it down in front of the house a week ago and haven't touched it sense. Best re-title the place Townsend Salvage. i got piles of steel all over too. Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

My '69 Chevy comes out of park just fine (snicker).

Of course it smells like mouse pee when the heater is on and some mornings it takes a while to actually go when I put it in drive, but we all get slower and smellier as we get older.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Oh -- and I'm glad to hear you got off so easy.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

What did the wife have to say about the steel?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Julie is very supportive of my purchases that are a good deal. Her enthusiasm will diminish considerably if I don't get the mess cleaned up quickly. Right now, I've got a twinge in my upper back. I'm giving it a few more days rest.

Now, if I ever want approval on another tractor, I'd better let the extra backhoe unit go. It wasn't a good idea to take the big hoe apart when I didn't have time for a big job. She can't park her car in the house cause of the broke down tractor.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

You married well.

Ignoramus32248

[snip]

Tell her to park in the garage. The house is for projects/parts storage. ;-)

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.