High temperature thread sealant

I think that he meant "plain", not "plane".

Liquid Helium is used to achieve very low temperatures -- much lower than the 77 degrees K of liquid Nitrogen. When I was using it, it was as refrigerant liquid in producing even lower temperatures. (We were experimenting with superconductivity at the time.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It's in a somewhat modified cargo aircraft- a new kind of commercial surveying system. The helium just keeps the innards very cold.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

One possibility is to use a graphite based thread sealant, like:

The threads have to be reasonably good for that to work.

Reply to
Kristian Ukkonen