what would 19 on the hand held rockwell tester conver to?

tested steel of .060" thich with hand held rockwell hardness test tool. results showed 19. what would that be equivalent to?

Thanks

Reply to
lmoore

Which handheld -- the Ames? That one (which I have one of), IIRC, is made to measure purely Rockwell C scale. And for something that thin, you want a Superficial scale instead, which requires a different indenter, and a different maximum pressure. Predicting what it would be is beyond my capability -- there is a reason that hardness testers are made with separate scale capability -- conversion between Rockwell C and Superficial when the thickness of the material pretty much demands superficial is not a simple matter of looking up a table.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols