highest psi creatable by hand-crank mechanism?

What are the commercially available mechanisms/devices that would allow creation of very high levels of hydraulic pressure by human movement?
Bicycle type of mechanism is preferred.
I'm already familiar with the Enerpac product line. Anything goes to higher levels?
alanh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You didn't describe your application in great detail, but if you don't need a lot of flow, consider the possibility of using a hand operated grease gun.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
alanh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Thumbscrew and diamond anvil press. Needle point piston levered into rigid filled reservoir. Gonna hafta be real rigid and the fluid incompressible.
--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal /

I believe that this simple apparatus is among the highest pressure producing devices that man has made - if you exclude explosives.
Used to investigate the phase changes of materials at extremely high pressures.
Do you know what pressure they can attain? 1,000,000 psi comes to mind.
alanh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Dead weight testers go over 100,000 psi, but are one-shot devices so no good if you need much volume or a continuous flow.

Enerpac goes as high as 40,000 psi, how much do you want?
Ned Simmons
| What are the commercially available mechanisms/devices that would allow | creation of very high levels of hydraulic pressure by human movement? | Bicycle type of mechanism is preferred. | | I'm already familiar with the Enerpac product line. Anything goes to | higher levels?
Since pressure and flow are inversely proportional with the same amount of work applied, you can get several thousand psi but the flow will be extremely small, or lots of flow with minimal pressure.
There are hydraulic booster pumps that allow existing hydraulic systems to pump even higher pressures in separate systems, like an air operated hydraulic pump. Of course flow still continues to decrease as pressure increases.

I'm not familiar with Enerpac, what pressure do they go to ?
Two stage hydraulic pumps are fairly common, most are set to change over from the low pressure stage at about 150 PSI, and have their relief valve set for a maximum of around 3000 PSI from the high pressure second stage...
What pressure do you want ?
--
Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device
Dear Jonathan Barnes:

They have products that go to 10,000 psi.
David A. Smith
alanh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.highpressure.com/pumping.asp?ID=7&ptype=hp&section