Hole saw slug ejector - slick as boiled owl snot

Hi all -

not really metalworking but sometimes there's an overlap...

I was looking at some youtube videos and came across this hole-saw with a slug ejector that's one of those forehead slapping 'why didn't I think of this' things...

This is a hole-saw that has a slug ejector with a reverse thread so when you are finished drilling out whatever (drywall, sheet goods, etc.) just reverse the drill and the slug is pushed out.

They have a video demo at but skip all the introductory stuff and go to about 2:16 and see it work.

Only drawback is it appears to use proprietary hole saw cups and maybe not available in a wide variety of sizes.

I have no connection whatsoever with this company, it just looked like a cool product. (video was uploaded in 2011, has had only about 200 views so it may be history by now.)

Carla

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." ~ Howard Aiken

Reply to
Carla Fong

I like it! I do a lot of doors, so plug ejection is a real issue and takes considerable time. My quickest fix has been to screw a drywall screw into the plug and unscrew the plug off the bit.

Yes, PLEASE fast-forward. It's painful.

Au contraire, mon amie!

the jamb-free (sic) ejector.

Har!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The web page counter was over 16k so the volume is going there.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

(if the webmaster didn't -start- the count at 15,990...)

Reply to
Larry Jaques