Savage/Stevens 107B ejector

I have a customer's .410 bore with a hacked up ejector , some idiot ground the lip off and attempted a repair . The spring is also missing , but that's a minor issue that can be solved at the local hardware store . I need to build this up and reshape it , and planned on using a nickel-based brazing rod - unless someone can suggest a better alternative . If I were a better TIG weldor ... but this is a very small piece and my skills are not up to fine work just yet . O/A is going to be my method of choice this time . Since the shank portion of this piece is case hardened I'll be wrapping it in wet paper towels or something and covering that with foil .

Snag

Reply to
Terry Coombs

--------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Terry For stopping/slowing down the heat migration take a look at a product called "Heat Fence" by American Chemical and Flux Products, City of Industry, CA 91745.

It's a dark gray, paste like 'clay' that you spread over the area you don't want heated.

(sample description and pricing here:

Should be available at your local welding supply store.

Have used it several times and it works better than anything I've used before.

Standard disclamer: No connection just a happy user.

HTH Bob rgentryatozdotnet

Reply to
Bob Gentry

I wish we had a real welding supply here ... I'll check the few places that sell welding supplies . Who knows , I might get lucky !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I take it you have already checked Havlin at

and Numrich at
to see if either of them have the ejector? I found some of the parts for my prewar Wards/Mossberg restoration last year on-line and through some of the gun related sections on forums.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks for the links ... Havlin doesn't carry it , and Numrich is out of stock . I can get the spring , but it's kinda generic and can be sourced here for less money , no shipping , and right away .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Thanks , but no luck there either . I do have another shotgun that's identical

Reply to
Terry Coombs

How did this repair go? Did you consider machining it from scratch and then case hardening it as an option?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I ended up building it up with 4 strands of ER70S2 .025 MIG wire twisted together using my TIG at 35 amps . Worked out very well . I was a bit leery because I haven't had such great success with low-amp welding in the past . I did consider making it from scratch , but this is an "heirloom" gun and I felt using the original part if possible was better in this case .

Reply to
Terry Coombs