Honda ad

Gang, My son sent me this link -

Honda commercial (which may or may not have aired in your area), but is made from "car parts" . It takes a little bit to load - but is fascinating to watch. Called "the cog". Enjoy... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

To watch the video it wanted to install a QT extention. I watched the clip and my computer locked-up with a load of DSL activity going on. I had to restore to lest week's set-point in safe mode. BEWARE!!!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hmm, funny. I didn't gwet any such extensions, or anything. But, then, I'm running Linux. (I didn't get any sound with the movie, though.)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I didn't have any problems on my machine. I have current virus filter active all the time too, but it tells me when it finds something.

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Very good advert. Was shown in the UK earlier this year to launch the Accord. There is only 1 part that is computer generated, and that is where the exhaust rolls across the floor, as it had to be filmed in 2 parts. Everything else is real, and was actually done. Took them something like 3 weeks to set-up and record.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

It won international advertising awards. I didn't know that it was run in the US, if indeed it was.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Try this if you have Flash:

Forger

Sorry if you had trouble, Tom.... I watched it running XPHome andMcAfee (current and up to date) and had no problems nor did I receive any warnings..... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Install an up-to-date mplayer, and you should.

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Ken, do a seach on the making of that video.

The director said that it was much easier to work with whiny actors than to get that system to function reliably

Reply to
Jon Grimm

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:03:51 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Been a whgile since I have seen it....

The most fascinating part is where the little weight (ball?) hits the lower part of a pendulum with a large weight at the top, and you get "mechanical impact amplification" when the large weight comes down and starts bigger stuff happening. When I first watched it I thought "Yeah right" but then after a moment I realised t worked.

It may already have, but it seems to have an application waiting somewhere...

Reply to
Old Nick

There's quite a bit of "just enough energy" going on, which is also neat. The bit that made me wonder if it was fake, until I understood how they did it, was where the wheels are rolling uphill. :-)

The only "fake" thing about it, though, is that they had to do it in two parts, using the frames where the silencer is rolling alone across the floor to splice the two sequences together.

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

I can't imagine how people have so much trouble. I have an "Old" "E Machine" that I only paid 300 dollars for as a refurb several years ago. The clip played fine and had sound with no sign of problems. And this is running Win 98 that has never been reloaded.

It is a very neat little movie.. Honda has had a few of these over the years...

Garry

Reply to
Garry