Just put the finishing touches on my JoHan SC Rambler. Rebuilt the taillight area to correct the taillights, built a new (posable) front suspension for it (the kit's front suspension is metal axle-hole-in-the-block type), built a new dashboard, corrected the front seats and headrests, and a bunch of little stuff.
The worst part was the paint; I painted the little devil three times and ran through four sets of Fred Cady's decals, but I finally got a decent paint job. The JoHan decals were misshapen, the wrong size, and the wrong color. The Cady decals were nice, but when I applied the Tamiya clear a bit too heavy, it dissolved them. Arrrrgh. Mr. Cady probably thinks there's some nutcase out in Seattle building a whole fleet of SC Ramblers....
Managed to score one of the Testor's reissues, incomplete, for its photoetched emblems, which look very nice. The photoetched side marker lights were a bit too big, so I made my own.
The only things missing at this point are the bumpers; I just couldn't bear to put them on the car as-is, so I sanded off the mold parting lines and sent them off to ChromeTech; they're not back yet.
I started it for a "Three of a Kind" competition our club was having. I'm about a year too late for the contest, but it looks good beside my Hawk 1903 Rambler and my JoHan '59 Wagon.