An-22 Nearly There!

I have just uploaded 4 pics of the Amodel An-22 kit after painting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Great model and unbelievable progress Ken. If only they would tackle some smaller subjects with that level of detail! Anyone do a good stencil set for it?? :P

Chek

Reply to
Chek

Great model and unbelievable progress Ken. If only they would tackle some smaller subjects with that level of detail! Anyone do a good stencil set for it?? :P

Chek

Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

Spectacular work Ken. Makes me want to get my MACH 1 AJ Savage kit out, well, maybe not.

Allen Catonsville, MD

Reply to
Allen Epps

The Amodel decals sheet has stencil data !!

Well, some anyway.

The decals are on two sheets - one with six red stars, two 'hammer & sickle' flags for the fins, some blue cheat lines for the sponsons and the large codes CCCP-08831 (apparently a machine used in Afghanistan according to my refs).

The other sheet has all the blue cheat lines plus the Aeroflot titles and 'winged hammer & sickle' logos - plus 56 small stencils.

The colour density is very poor - I tried the fin flags and they went on OK - except that the 'flagpole' bits broke off - but were salvageable.

The black decal to represent the anti-glare panel in front of the windscreen was very poor - very translucent and it broke into pieces when I tried to move it. I wasn't too worried about it - I will paint the panel matt black anyway.

I am going to give the decals a coat of gloss varnish to strengthen them - and hope that the translucency is not too obvious on a white background.

Trouble is - if they prove to be unusable - I have nothing of the same size to replace them !!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

You continue to amaze Ken.

I have started scanning any decal sheets I get if there is any question or worried about something going wrong. Then I can make my own replacements.

rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich,

If you make the camouflaged example (of which there was only one AFAIK) - all you need are the red stars !!

Ken